Thursday, September 7, 2023

A fun departure from the norm : I'm going on a TV show!

 The TV show we shot today is on the air in a week. Actually, it was a little different and interesting than I thought it would be, but! it was fun! A spontaneous conversation led us to interesting topics. 

Couple of days earlier from the show, I just thought a little about what I could say and what questions might be asked.  I'm concentrated (and working) on the Infrastructure, Databases, Operating Systems, Engineered System, Cloud and ERP as you may already know and that's why I thought that all the questions would probably be on these domains. 

However, the questions asked were on broader range of topics. We even talked about deep topics that are still open to interpretation (in my opinion). 

We talked about AI (Large Language Models etc..) and Quantum Computing in that short period of time. Although these aren't in my areas of expertise, I didn't leave those questions unanswered and tried to shed some lights on the topics like AI safety and Quantum Cryptography...  I tried to convey my ideas on these topics.

I understand the concerns in the questions and I hope that I relieved the concern of some people by saying AI safety against the fear of advanced artificial intelligence and I put Quantum Cryptography forward, against the fear that quantum computing will cause security vulnerabilities for all of us in the future.

Of course, time was short and we were way out of my domain. I tried to answer these with what I learned in my own practical studies and intellectual gymnastics. I enjoyed chatting about these ideas.

Sharing the announcement and the banner of the talk, and leaving some other photos from today for the memories..




No comments :

Post a Comment

If you will ask a question, please don't comment here..

For your questions, please create an issue into my forum.

Forum Link: http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com.tr/p/forum.html

Register and create an issue in the related category.
I will support you from there.