Monday, October 28, 2019

ODA-- Health Check Reports // the control points & the subtitles

You probably already guessed that I m doing ODA health checks nowadays.
Mostly, these health checks are done on virtualized platforms, but they are applicable for the bare metal platforms too.


In this blog post, I will briefly introduce the things that I check in an ODA Health check.
I usually check these control points, try to detect any errors or misconfiguration, prepare my action plans, my suggestions and lastly create my health check report accordingly.
Almost forgot :) I also write a conclusion for managers... One or two paragraphs which can be understood without having a deep technical knowledge about ODA and its components. A plane and simple conclusion summarizing the controls and action plans.

So here is the list of the subtitles that I use in my ODA health check reports.. (note that they are based on my control points)
  • Current, minimum Supported and Recommended versions
  • Hardware checks
    • ILOMS
    • BIOS information
    •  NETWORK Cabling
    • Power Cabling
    • Led panels (the light in the front panel of the ODA nodes)
  • RDBMS
    • Parameters
    • Performance (mostly based on the AWR reports)
    • Backup policy
    • Errors and traces
    • Version, critical one-off patches and PSU level
  • GRID
    • ASM configuration
    • ASM errors and traces
    • Version, critical one-off patches and PSU level
    •  Cluster resources and cluster interconnect
  • Operating System (OVM)
    • Resource consumption
    • utilization
    • load
    • errors and traces
    • configuration (network configuration included)
    • OAKD & XEND analysis
    • boot logs, last command output
    •  SAR command outputs
  • SOS report outputs
  • OAK Validate outputs
  • ORACHK outputs

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you will ask a question, please don't comment here..

For your questions, please create an issue into my forum.

Forum Link: http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com.tr/p/forum.html

Register and create an issue in the related category.
I will support you from there.