Saturday, February 14, 2015

RDBMS/RAC -- Bug 13912880 - Rconfig fails with SQLFatalErrorException ORA-25152 "TEMPFILE cannot be dropped"

I have faced the problem recently . The fix comes with Rdbms 11.2.0.4 , also we have a generic 13912880 patch for 11.2.0.3..
I completely recommend the patch and the needed upgrade.. That 's for sure , but I still have some words to say about this :)
Good news is that; if you have only one temp file in your source db; rconfig does not create any problems :)
"Decreasing the tempfile count of the source db to 1 before running rconfig" seems to be a workaround.
I have tried this 2 times (during converting datafiles from local to ASM using rconfig in 11.2.0.3), and it worked.

1 comment :

  1. I was facing the same issue and after killing the sessions using temp I was able to drop the temp files.

    ReplyDelete

If you will ask a question, please don't comment here..

For your questions, please create an issue into my forum.

Forum Link: http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com.tr/p/forum.html

Register and create an issue in the related category.
I will support you from there.