Friday, July 5, 2019

GTECH -- Summer School 2019 -- Oracle Database & Cloud & Autonomous database & EBS for newly graduates

Once in a year, we as GTech provide training for newly graduated engineers.

In this training, we teach Sql, PL/SQL, Oracle Database & Cloud, EBS, OBIEE, BigData, ETL and more.

This year was the second time, that I was the lecturer for "Database and Cloud".

Actually, I extended the lessons a little bit by explaining the EBS System Administration Fundamentals, as well. :)

The students of the classes were so curios about databases and actually Oracle in general..

It was a honour for me to present "the introduction to Oracle Database", to explain the "Cloud terms" ( including Cloud-at-customer model) and to explain the "EBS architecture".

I tried to shed a light on the important topics like Oracle Database Server Architecture, Oracle Database Process Architecture,  background processes, High availability configurations and so on..

The list of topics covered in the training was as follows;
  • Introduction to RDBMS
  • Introduction to Oracle
  • Architecture (Oracle)
  • Installation (Oracle)
  • DBA role & DBA tools
  • Introduction to Cloud
  • APPS DBA role & EBS System Administration (EBS 12.2)
This year, I have also given a presentation about Oracle Autonomous Database.

In order to make the newly graduates understand Oracle consultancy better, I have also explained how to complete a critical migration project successfully by going through a real life case.

While explaing these topics, I tried to share real life stories all the time..  Tried to teach them the basics of Oracle, but I also dived deep when required.

The participants asked lots of good technical questions and these made our lessons more entertaining :)

The training for Database & Cloud lasted 3 days.

While, preparing the slides for the presentations that I have used in the training, I also wrote an exam for the students..

At the end of the training, we also gave this written examination to the participiants. (this time 37 questions )

It was a pleasure for me to teach Oracle in GTech Academy ( GTech -- Oracle University Partner)

I hope, It was useful for these guys..
I also hope I will see them (at least some of them) as successful DBAs one day :)

Following is the picture of our class..  A good memory :)



No comments :

Post a Comment

If you will ask a question, please don't comment here..

For your questions, please create an issue into my forum.

Forum Link: http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com.tr/p/forum.html

Register and create an issue in the related category.
I will support you from there.