Wednesday, September 30, 2015

EBS 12.2 -- why a downtime patch is faster than hotpatch?

Recently wondering, how can a downtime patch be faster than a hotpatch..
It was stated in all the Oracle Documents, but the reasons was not there..
I was trying to find a logical reason for this, eventough i couldnt see a change in the adop's behaviour while applying the patches with downtime option. adpatch was used again in the background, the online patch cycle was not used and it was just like applying a hotpatch from those point views.
Thus, I concluded that applying a patch with downtime option is considered faster, just because the server resources was not used by EBS users or application services.
Anyways, today I got an answer from an SR that I recently created for this question. The return that Oracle support did was just approved my idea.
So at the bottom line, applying a patch in downtime patch is faster than applying a patch with hotpatch option and it just because the system resources was not used by EBS users or application services when applying a patch with downtime option.

No comments :

Post a Comment

If you will ask a question, please don't comment here..

For your questions, please create an issue into my forum.

Forum Link: http://ermanarslan.blogspot.com.tr/p/forum.html

Register and create an issue in the related category.
I will support you from there.